Helpful tips from PEXA's Chief Information Security Officer, David Willett.
In today’s digital climate, cyber-security has rapidly become a key priority within the property sector. We all need to take steps to protect our accounts, devices, data and network from threats – ensuring your business and clients’ information remains safe.
New MOR and MPR
ARNECC’s Model Operating Requirement (MOR) regulate Electronic Lodgement Networks (ELNs), such as PEXA, while the Model Participation Rules (MPR) regulate its Subscribers (our members).
You’ll notice that changes to both came into effect on Monday 12 April 2021. These changes include newly introduced obligations related to cyber-security.
And to assist you with navigating these updates, I’ve gathered a range of content produced by our expert security team, covering vital topics to support you and your firm.
Under the MOR, PEXA has an obligation to make resources available to members – and we hope these materials assist you.
- Maintaining strong passwords: https://community.pexa.com.au/t5/Help-Centre/Strong-Passwords/ba-p/14658
- Using only supported software to access PEXA: https://community.pexa.com.au/t5/Security-Updates/Are-you-using-unsupported-software/td-p/17293
- Ensuring you have adequate virus and firewall protection: https://community.pexa.com.au/t5/Help-Centre/Virus-Protection/ba-p/14662
- How to safely exchange bank account details with your clients (refraining from using email): https://community.pexa.com.au/t5/Security-Updates/Can-you-spot-the-scam-phishing-email/m-p/17906
- Being aware of the risks of email phishing: https://community.pexa.com.au/t5/Security-Updates/Phishing-Is-it-only-emails/m-p/17018
- Implementing multi-factor authentication: https://community.pexa.com.au/t5/Help-Centre/Multi-factor-authentication-FAQs/ba-p/10693
Supporting your ongoing security endeavours is important to us – our team has been producing help-guides and content for many years now and we’re pleased to see ANECC recognise the role we can play in educating subscribers.
We recommend you review the MPR and seek additional resources if required.
As ever, your PEXA representative or our friendly Security team are here to help. Feel free to reach out.
Don’t forget, you can subscribe to updates from our PEXA security page by clicking the “options” button. I also encourage you to ask questions and raise any concerns you may have.